Carol Blattspieler is an orthopedic nurse practitioner and radiologic technologist at The University of Vermont Medical Center and an assistant clinical professor in the Graduate Nurse Practitioner Program at the UVM College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Carol’s specialties include working with athletes in sports medicine, aging, trauma, fractures, nutrition and general orthopedics in lower and upper extremities (except for patients with shoulder problems). She treats conditions such as osteoarthritis in the knee and other overuse injuries that don’t require surgery.
Her research interests involve ski-related knee injuries.
Carol is a five time Ironman athlete and has been ranked at the World level. She has run in over 30 marathons, qualified for the Boston marathon several times and has been a past National Ironman Champion in her age group. She lives and breathes what she teaches her patients and students.
She loves helping others, developing relationships with her patients and motivating those who desire to improve their quality of life.
Learn more about orthopedic care at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Nurses Credentialing Center - Adult Nurse Practitioner
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.