Dr. Caitlin Baran is an internal medicine physician specializing in palliative care at the University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington. Her clinical interests include palliative care in oncology and population community-based palliative care. Above all else, Dr. Baran feels privileged to care for patients faced with serious illness, ideally working to help them live as well as possible. Her hope is to work together with her patients' medical team to manage symptoms related to serious illness, and to help patients navigate the complex decisions they face when living with a serious illness--aiming to ensure their individual goals and values are honored.
Dr. Baran acts as assistant professor at UVM's Larner College of Medicine. Her research interests include population health-based delivery of palliative care as well as primary palliative care education.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Hospice and Palliative MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.