Dr. Brandon Liebelt is a neurosurgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. He treats patients with cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (an abnormal connection between arteries and veins), skull base tumors, brain tumors, pituitary tumors, and spinal cord tumors. He specializes in procedures such as minimally invasive craniotomy, neuroendoscopy, and skull base surgery.
His research interests include pituitary tumors and immunotherapy for brain tumors.
Dr. Liebelt finds it a privilege to be able to interact with a patient at a very stressful time in their life and help guide them through understanding their disease process and the necessary treatment. He strives to provide the best care possible to his patients. When surgery is needed, he aims to use minimally invasive methods whenever possible to minimize the impact of surgery on his patients.
Learn more about neurosurgery at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Neurological Surgery - Neurological Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.