Bonitta C. Steuer, NP, CNM
- Obstetrics and GynecologyMidwifery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 4
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Bonitta (Bonny) Steuer, APRN, CNM, is a certified nurse-midwife in The UVM Medical Group Obstetrics and Midwifery at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, Vermont.
Her clinical focus is low-risk pregnancy, well-woman gynecology, contraception management, and mindful childbirth preparation. She provides support to her patients throughout pregnancy, labor and childbirth.
Ms. Steuer believes it is important to give every expectant mother a satisfying birthing experience. She partners with her patients to serve as a resource in making important health care decisions.
Ms. Steuer, who has practiced at The University of Vermont Medical Center since 2010, is a clinical instructor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. She holds a BSN from the State University of New York at Plattsburgh and a MSN and CNM degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
Learn more about the department of Obstetrics and Midwifery at The University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Midwifery Certification Board - Midwifery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.