Ashley Couture is a Speech-Language Pathologist and Therapy Research Educator at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She specializes in neurologic rehabilitation, Augmentative Alternative Communication/Assistive Technology and voice. Her research interests include models of intervention for Assistive Technology, outcomes measures and standards of practice in Speech Language Pathology. She provides assessment and intervention for individuals who are transgender, those with progressive neurological illness such as ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and Parkinson’s disease, and individuals who have sustained brain injury including concussion, chemo toxicity, traumatic brain injury and stroke.
In her practice, Ashley works to help each individual find their true voice and to remove barriers to their participation in life that may be created by differences in communication. Ashley is driven to participate in research and teaching that promotes translation of evidence into everyday practice for the betterment of the patients she serves.
Learn more about speech language pathology at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.