Anne Breña, MD, is a Williston, Vermont primary care doctor at The UVM Medical Center's Adult Primary Care Williston at Taft Corners. A general internist with an expertise in preventive medicine, Dr. Breña specializes in Type 2 Diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and mental health. Her clinical focus is health maintenance, chronic illnesses management and primary care. She performs common office procedures, including the biopsy of skin lesions, PAP smears, and select joint injections. Board-certified in Internal Medicine and a member of the American College of Physicians, Dr. Breña is also an assistant professor of medicine at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
Originally from the Boston area, Dr. Breña received her undergraduate degree from Tufts University, and she worked in research at both Brigham and Women's and Boston city hospitals. She is a graduate of the Larner College of Medicine at UVM and did her residency in Internal Medicine at The University of Vermont Medical Center. Dr. Breña also spent 11 years as an internist at The University of Vermont Health Network Champlain Valley Physician's Hospital in Plattsburgh, New York.
On a personal note, Dr. Breña has lived in Burlington for 20 years and loves living here. She has two children, ages 12 and 14.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
If your insurance carrier is not listed below, please call Customer Service at (802) 847-8000.
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.