Ann G. Naumann, PT
- Physical Therapy
Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Center - Physical Therapy
192 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403-4440
Ann Naumann is a physical therapist and clinical lead at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She has been a physical therapist for more than 30 years. She specializes in orthopedics, sports rehabilitation, women’s health, pelvic floor physical therapy for men and women, geriatrics, falls/balance and spine rehab. She treats patients with musculoskeletal pain, injury or after-surgery care, pelvic floor dysfunction, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) – the most common form of vertigo, bowel and bladder incontinence, pelvic pain and total joint replacement.
Ann specializes in treatments such as exercise, dry needling, manual therapy, therapeutic taping, prenatal/postpartum exercise, orthotic exams and prescriptions, and McKenzie Mechanical diagnosis and therapy, an internationally known method of treatment for spinal and extremity pain.
Ann’s research interests include outcome measures in total joint rehabilitation and connective tissue changes in lower back pain.
Ann loves getting to know her patients, helping them to solve their problems and trying to figure out how anatomy, physiology, biomechanics interact so she can come up with the best solutions. She believes that successful outcomes can be achieved by empowering patients with knowledge and providing them with the tools they need to manage their conditions. She enjoys helping patients get back to doing the things that are important to them.
Learn more about rehabilitation at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.