Andrew S. Kaplan, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Orthopedics - San Remo Drive
6 San Remo Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403-6378
Dr. Andrew Kaplan is an orthopedic surgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center in South Burlington, VT. He specializes in ankle and knee arthroscopy, ACL surgeries, knee replacement, ankle and foot repairs for arthritis, deformity, instability and soft tissue tears.
His research interests include techniques for passing sutures through bone tunnels, delivery devices for orthopedic applications, optimizing surgical visualization, and elder driving safety. Dr. Kaplan has been the recipient of an Orthopedic Research and Education Fund grant and a SPARK Vermont innovation grant.
Dr. Kaplan takes pride in listening to his patients to better understand what their health concerns are so he can create a treatment plan that is specific to their needs.
Learn more about orthopedic care at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.