Dr. Andrew Hale is an infectious disease physician at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT.
Dr. Hale treats patients with conditions such as HIV, Hepatitis B and C, endocarditis (inflammation of the heart valve), and various types of infections.
His research interests include medical education, HIV, and HCV.
Dr. Hale went into medicine because he loves to take care of people and help them improve their health. He believes that connecting with people, forming effective care plans, and getting to know them on a personal level is tremendously rewarding. He feels medicine also affords the opportunity to teach and learn for one's whole life.
Infectious Disease drew Dr. Hale in as a specialty because, of the vast array of pathogens out there, most are curable or controllable and he likes to help patients get past them.
Teaching medical students and doctors-in-training is also a passion of his. He has taught about infectious diseases and medical education locally and nationally.
Learn more about infectious disease at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Infectious DiseaseAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.