Andréa Fossati, MD, is a physician leader in Integrative Health at UVM Medical Center and an instructor at the Larner College of Medicine and the UVM College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Dr. Fossati is interested in helping her patients make lifestyle changes to promote their optimal health and well-being. Her areas of expertise include integrative nutrition and lifestyle counseling, stress management and resiliency training, and the safe and effective use of herbal medicines and natural supplements.
Dr. Fossati is both a graduate of and a consultant with the Integrative Medicine Fellowship at the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, founded by Dr. Andrew Weil. She has furthered her studies in herbal medicine with Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, is trained in a variety of mind-body medicine techniques, and is earning her certification with the Institute of Functional Medicine.
Five years ago, Dr. Fossati established UVM’s Integrative Medicine Consult service in an effort to support patients in multiple ways. She sees a wide variety of patients and works closely with them to develop individualized treatment plans.
Her own personal wellness activities include hiking, strength training, yoga, meditation, spiritual practice, and quality time with family and friends.
Read more about Adult Primary Care at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
If your insurance carrier is not listed below, please call Customer Service at (802) 847-8000.
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.