Alyssa Robinson, APRN DNP, is a nurse practitioner within the neurosurgical department at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Robinson always wanted to work in health care and when she discovered the specific path of becoming a nurse practitioner, she knew that that is what she was meant to do in life. She feels at home and proud to work here at UVM Medical Center having also received her nursing and advanced nursing education here. She started her career here as a Licensed Nursing Assistant in the Surgical and Pediatric ICU where she gained experiences that informed who she is as a provider today. She also worked at UVM Medical Center as a Registered Nurse during her Doctoral program at the UVM College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and completed clinical rotations within the UVM Health Network.
During her undergraduate studies at UVM, majoring in Neuroscience, Robinson completed a research project that sought to demonstrate activation of both the central nucleus of the amygdala and the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis in the form of fear conditioning of mice. Later during her doctoral program at UVM, she helped create and implement a protocol for managing and prescribing ADHD medication at a local college. You can read her research here.
More importantly Robinson’s care philosophy centers around the idea that she strives to treat each patient the way that she hopes that her family members would be treated; with respect, empathy, and understanding. She really enjoys getting to know her patients and coming up with solutions that meet the patient where they are and address what is most important to them.
Read more about surgical services at UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Nurses Credentialing Center - Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.