111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 2
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Alissa Thomas is a neuro-oncologist at The University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the UVM College of Medicine Department of Neurology in Burlington, VT. She specializes in the treatment of primary and metastatic brain tumors, CNS lymphoma and neurologic complications of cancer.
Her research focuses on neuro-oncology, particularly vaccine therapy and immunotherapy for gliomas (brain tumors that arise from supportive tissue from the brain).
Dr. Thomas understands that a diagnosis of a brain tumor or brain cancer can be overwhelming. Therefore, she takes time to get to know her patients as individuals to understand the things that are important in their lives and develop a treatment plan that aligns with their goals and offers the highest quality of life. She works with a team of physicians from neurosurgery, radiation oncology, radiology, and pathology, and with specialists in nutrition, social work, palliative care, clinical research, physical therapy, occupational therapy, child life, speech therapy and nursing to provide comprehensive cancer care for patients with brain tumors.
- Member Board
- United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties - NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.