Alexis Bailey, MD is a psychiatrist at the UVM Medical Center and an assistant/associate professor of adult, child and adolescent psychiatry at the Larner College of Medicine. Her research interests include health and wellness and social and affective neuroscience.
Dr. Bailey practices evidence-based psychiatry with compassion and an understanding that no two people are exactly alike. As a result, she believes that treatment plans should reflect the whole person and not only their diagnosis. In treating the whole person, Dr. Bailey focuses on whole-body health, promoting behaviors including proper sleep hygiene, healthy nutrition, creative self-expression, reading and learning, physical movement, mindfulness/meditation, and social connection.
This approach to care supports the health and wellbeing of the whole person and family, and involves getting to know what matters to each patient and/or family and developing a plan based on their values, needs and goals. Dr. Bailey believes this is an important component of psychiatric management, alongside standard treatments such as therapy and medication.
Learn more about psychiatry at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.