Dr. Adam Shafritz is an upper extremity surgeon who has been a member of University of Vermont Medical Center Orthopedics & Rehabilitation Medicine since 2001.
His area of expertise includes total shoulder replacement, arthroscopy, rotator cuff repair, fractures and dislocations of the shoulder.
As a professor in the department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT, Dr. Shafritz is actively involved in lecturing to medical students and teaching residents. His current research interests include the study of upper extremity injuries occurring in skiers and snowboarders.
Learn more about Orthopedics & Rehabilitation Medicine at The University of Vermont Medical Center.
For more information about his research and academic interests, view Dr. Shafritz' research publications and his bio at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
- Member Board
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Surgery of the Hand (Orthopaedic)
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.