111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Patrick, Level 4
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Evan Eyler is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Family Medicine at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM, with board certifications in Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine (also known as Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry), Family Medicine, and Adolescent Medicine.
Dr Eyler is a graduate of the University of Michigan Medical School and the residency programs in Family Medicine at the University of Michigan Hospitals and Psychiatry at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Particular areas of interest include consultation psychiatry in primary care, and gender and sexuality concerns, particularly transgender.
Recent books include Principles of Transgender Medicine and Surgery, Ettner, Monstrey, Eyler (eds), Haworth Press, 2007; and Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Aging: Challenges in Research, Practice and Policy, Witten & Eyler (eds), Johns Hopkins University Press, 2012.
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Adolescent MedicineAmerican Board of Family Medicine - Family MedicineAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Consultation-Liaison Psych (fka Psychosomatic Med)American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.