The University of Vermont Medical Center, along with The University of Vermont College of Medicine and College of Nursing and Health Sciences, is one of 138 academic medical centers in the country. Through The University of Vermont Health Network and collaborative relationships throughout Vermont and northern New York, we are able to provide the highest quality care, informed by academic research, to patients throughout our region.
Our mission is to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve by integrating patient care, education, and research in a caring environment.
Working together, we improve people's lives. Learn more about our vision.
What We Do
Our primary, secondary and tertiary services cover every major area of medicine including:
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- The University of Vermont Children's Hospital
- The University of Vermont Cancer Center
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Comprehensive cardiovascular services and stroke treatment
Who We Are
- A regional referral center for over 1 million people in Vermont and Northern New York
- A community hospital for approximately 168,000, with 620 licensed beds
- Vermont's only Level 1 Trauma Center, with the state's sole Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Three main campuses in Chittenden County, Vermont, over 65 outpatient practices and 100+ clinics, programs and services
- 1.2 million patient care encounters at the hospital and clinics in 2020
Our Network and Affiliations
UVM Medical Center is part of an integrated health network across Vermont and northern New York that includes our UVM Health Network partners: UVM Health Network - Central Vermont Medical Center (Berlin, VT), UVM Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (Plattsburgh, NY), UVM Health Network - Elizabethtown Community Hospital (Elizabethtown, NY) UVM Health Network - Alice Hyde Medical Center (Malone, NY), UVM Health Network - Porter Medical Center (Middlebury, VT), and Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties (VT) .
We also maintain affiliations with Canton-Potsdam Hospital (Potsdam, NY) and Inter-Lakes Health (Ticonderoga, NY).
Quick Facts About the UVM Medical Center
The UVM Medical Center in alliance with the University of Vermont College of Medicine is Vermont's academic medical center and one of approximately 130 centers in the country.
Click here to download our Fiscal Year 2020 Fact Sheet.
- Over 8,800 employees
- Medical staff of 715 faculty physicians
- Approximately 353 residents
- Over 17 training residencies and 25 fellowship programs
UVM Medical Center Leadership
View information about The UVM Medical Center's Board of Trustees, its CEO, John Brumsted, M.D., and its leadership team.
The UVM Medical Center publishes a quarterly Statement of Operations as well as a year-to-date report each quarter that contains operating revenues and expenses for the year-to-date and a comparison with year-to-date figures from the previous fiscal year. View the UVM Medical Center financials.