The University of Vermont Medical Center, along with The University of Vermont College of Medicine and College of Nursing and Health Sciences, is one of 138 academic medical centers in the country. Through The University of Vermont Health Network and collaborative relationships throughout Vermont and northern New York, we are able to provide the highest quality care, informed by academic research, to patients throughout our region.
Our mission is to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve by integrating patient care,education, and research in a caring environment.
Working together, we improve people's lives. Learn more about our vision.
What We Do
Our primary, secondary and tertiary services cover every major area of medicine including:
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- The University of Vermont Children's Hospital
- The University of Vermont Cancer Center
- Only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in Vermont
- Comprehensive cardiovascular services and stroke treatment
Who We Are
- A regional referral center for approximately 1 million people in Vermont and Northern New York
- A community hospital for approximately 160,000
- residents in Chittenden and Grand Isle counties, Vermont
- 562 licensed beds
- Three main campuses in Chittenden County,Vermont
- Eleven primary care clinics in Vermont
- Over 30 patient care sites and more than 100 outreach clinics, programs and services throughout Vermont and northern New York
Our Network and Affiliations
UVM Medical Center is part of an integrated health network across Vermont and northern New York that includes our UVM Health Network partners: UVM Health Network - Central Vermont Medical Center (Berlin, VT), UVM Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (Plattsburgh, NY), UVM Health Network - Elizabethtown Community Hospital (Elizabethtown, NY) UVM Health Network - Alice Hyde Medical Center (Malone, NY), UVM Health Network - Porter Medical Center (Middlebury, VT), and Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties (VT) .
We also maintain affiliations with Canton-Potsdam Hospital (Potsdam, NY) and Inter-Lakes Health (Ticonderoga, NY).
Quick Facts About the UVM Medical Center
The UVM Medical Center in alliance with the University of Vermont College of Medicine is Vermont's academic medical center and one of approximately 130 centers in the country.
- Approximately 7,500 employees
- Medical staff of nearly 800 physicians
- Approximately 600 University of Vermont Medical Group physicians
- Approximately 190 community based physicians
- Approximately 300 residents
- 16 training residencies and 23 fellowship programs
- Approximately 160 advanced practice nurses and physician assistants
- More than 1750 registered nurses
UVM Medical Center Leadership
View information about The UVM Medical Center's Board of Trustees, its CEO, John Brumsted, M.D., and its leadership team.
The UVM Medical Center publishes a quarterly Statement of Operations as well as a year-to-date report each quarter that contains operating revenues and expenses for the year-to-date and a comparison with year-to-date figures from the previous fiscal year. View the UVM Medical Center financials.
Honors and Awards
The UVM Medical Center's quality and patient care achievements are often recognized.