The cornerstone of the teaching program is the close daily contact with the staff in the operating room, on the wards, in conferences, in the outpatient departments, and in the research laboratories. There is a daily comprehensive didactic teaching schedule for residents.
Orthopedic Grand Rounds - Every Thursday at 7:00 a.m.
Includes regular Quality Assurance Conferences, Fracture Conferences, Orthopedic/Rheumatology Rounds, Five Visiting Professor Lecture Series per year
Orthopedic Anatomy - Every Thursday at 7:00 a.m. during the summer
Resident Academic and Basic Science Conferences - Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 6:30 a.m., Fridays at 7:00 a.m.
Journal Club - 1st Monday of each month
Visiting Professors - By invitation
Radiology Conference - Every Monday morning at 6:30 a.m.
Specialty Journal Clubs -
- Hand - Wednesdays at 12:00 p.m.
- Spine - Wednesdays at 7:30 a.m.
- Pediatrics - Tuesdays at 12:00 p.m.
- Total Joints - Wednesdays at 7:30 a.m.
Visiting Professor Lecture Series are held five times per year and have included numerous nationally prominent figures.
The Lecture Series are:
- John W. Frymoyer Lecture Series
- Nathaniel Gould Foot and Ankle Lecture Series
- Spine Neuro Combined
- Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Research Day
- Sports Medicine Lecture Series
- PGY-5 residents - American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting or a course of their choosing based on their chosen specialty and the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons Board Review Course.
- PGY-4 residents - University of Florida Orthopaedic Seminar in Muusculoskeletal Pathology Course.
- PGY-3 residents - The Sainte-Justine Pediatrics Orthopedic Review Course
- PGY-2 residents - The AO Trauma Basic Fracture Management Course
Interested in applying?
Program number for ERAS Applications: