The UVM Medical Center Auxiliary, Inc.
The University of Vermont Medical Center Auxiliary is made up of 200 members from the community, who support the mission of the UVM Medical Center through financial contributions and the provision of services for our patients, their families and our staff.
The Auxiliary is always looking for new members, and we would like to invite you to come join us in our support of Vermont's academic medical center.
What Does the Auxiliary Do?
The Auxiliary administers a variety of programs and entities that support the UVM Medical Center, including the UVM Medical Center Gift Shop, Replays Resale Shop in South Burlington, and other programs such as providing baby car seats, teddy bears for children in the emergency department, and various fundraisers and special events. The Auxiliary is the largest outright donor to the medical center, supporting health care initiatives and services across the organization.
Aside from the rewards of helping support the medical center, Auxiliary members meet four times per year at the Burlington Country Club. These business luncheons are where members approve the distribution of funds and vote on the election of officers. Speakers from the medical center also speak on a variety of health topics.
Why Should I Join?
- The opportunity to support Medical Center patients, their families and staff while meeting incredible new people.
- Exciting luncheons with educational presentations by health care and community experts.
- Access to exclusive volunteer opportunities, both within and beyond the hospital.
- Receipt of the periodic Auxiliary Newsletter and Annual Membership Directory.
- Opportunity to apply your skills and expertise to something you'll feel good about.
- “Sneak peek” opportunities to learn about the hospital's plans for growth and development.
“Every day we work with individuals with heart and pulmonary disease, diabetes and cancer. Through the generous support of the Auxiliary, we are able to purchase the equipment that allows participants to exercise their way to better health. Thank you!” — Patrick Savage, MS, Senior Exercise Physiologist, Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
How Can I Join?
We invite you to join us! Help make a difference in our community. Meet new friends. Learn from UVM Medical Center leaders. Participate in a variety of fun events throughout the year. All adults – women and men, ages 18 and over – are eligible for membership.
To become an Auxiliary member, please choose from the following registration options:
- Online – Download, complete and return our membership form along with a check for your annual dues to UVM Medical Center Auxiliary, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401.
- By Email – Send us an email regarding your interest in membership to AuxiliaryUVMHealth [dot] org. Please include your name, address and preferred phone number. We'll respond as soon as possible.
- By Phone – Call Margaret Laughlin, RN, Director of Volunteer Services at 802-847-3536.
“Support from the Auxiliary has been pivotal in our efforts to improve our service to patients and their families. Their donation enabled us to perform echocardiograms on the cardiology floor, closer to the patient's room, thereby eliminating patient transport through the hospital. These types of donations are critical to patient comfort during an emotionally challenging time.”— David Schneider, MD, Medical Director, Cardiovascular Services
We offer several levels of giving. All members, regardless of membership level, enjoy the full benefits of the Auxiliary.
- General Membership: $15
- Friend: $25
- Benefactor: $50
- Life Membership: $250 (one-time dues)
President – Bernie Echo
Vice President – Jeanne Pizii
Secretary – Peg Sheridan-Lefebvre
Treasurer – Anne Francis
For More Information
Email: auxiliaryuvmhealth [dot] org
Download the Membership Brochure