Family Medicine - South Burlington
3 Timber Lane
South Burlington, VT 05403-7205
A Letter to Our Patients
Read important information about COVID-19 symptoms, at-home tests and when to contact your provider.
Meeting Your Family's Primary Care Needs
Family Medicine physicians are trained in total health care for the family and individual and are team members in your patient-centered medical home. We are dedicated to taking care of your entire household, from newborns and pediatrics, through adulthood and geriatrics.
The University of Vermont Medical Center's comprehensive family medicine services span six sites throughout Vermont and employ over 40 physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and mental health professionals to support our patients' wellness management.
We also provide clinical structure for the many family medicine physicians in the community who have attending medical staff privileges at the UVM Medical Center.
Family Care at the UVM Medical Center in South Burlington, VT
We provide obstetrical care and deliveries, care for your children as they grow into young men and women, and care for adults of all ages. We offer annual health physicals, sports and work forms, as well as care for acute illnesses and chronic diseases.
We provide a continuity of health care for your entire life, from providers who get to know you well. In short, we're here to meet you and your family's health care needs when you need us. Learn how to get the care you need, in-person, by video or online.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive health care for all age groups
- Pediatric care for babies, young children and teens
- Adult and geriatric medicine
- Women's health care, Pap smears, colposcopy
- Pregnancy, maternity and newborn care
- Family planning and birth control
- Physical examinations
- On-site physical therapy
- Sports medicine and musculoskeletal care
- Skin care and minor surgery
- Mental health services
- Medication-assisted therapy
- Laboratory on site
- Hospital care for babies, children and adults
- Home visits when needed
- Urgent care
- Nursing home care
Weekend Primary Care
Because health needs sometimes arise over the weekend, we offer Saturday and Sunday appointments at our 1 South Prospect location in Burlington for urgent health needs. Learn more about weekend primary care.
After-Hours, Urgent Care and Emergency Needs
Our offices share resources to provide 24-hour physician coverage. Calls made post-regular business hours are fielded by answering service personnel. They contact the on-call physician who calls you directly.
Urgent Care, located at our Fanny Allen Campus in Colchester, is open for walk-in care every day, 8 am – 8 pm, with x-ray and lab facilities on site. No appointment is required.
If you’re experiencing a life-threatening illness or injury, call 9-1-1. At the hospital, inform the staff of your provider's name so they can contact us.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.