Application Process - GPR
Residency applications for the University of Vermont GPR program at the UVM Medical Center are submitted via American Dental Education Association Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS). Your application and supporting documentation should be received in PASS by October 1.
Our Dental Residency Program participates in the postdoctoral dental matching program administered by National Matching Services Inc.
Our committee will review applications and email a select number of candidates an offer to interview via Thalamus.
Requirements to Apply
- Passed Part I, National Dental Board Examination
- Current student or graduate of an U.S. or Canadian dental school
- Include your match code (from National Matching Services Inc.) in your PASS application
- Email your photograph directly to the Program Administrator (not to ADEA PASS)
- Graduated from an U.S. or Canadian dental school
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident status
- If Canadian citizen, will have to apply for TN NAFTA status
- Have passed Part I, National Dental Board Examination
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are conducting virtual interviews only. We have the following dates set aside for interviews: October 9, October 23, November 6, and November 20.
- We will email offers to interview via Thalamus, an online residency interview scheduling platform. There will be a limited number of interview slots so sign up right away for the date that best suits you. There will be an option to put yourself on a waitlist.
- Our interview day includes a program overview with the Program Director (PD). Applicants will interview with the PD and two to three faculty members. Applicants will also have another opportunity to talk with the current residents.
- There is an optional online event the night before the interview to virtually meet-up with the current residents to learn more about our program. We strongly encourage you to attend if you’re able.
For more information:
Justin Hurlburt, DMD, MA
Program Director, GPR
UVM Medical Center Dental & Oral Health
1060 Hinesburg Road, Suite 201
South Burlington, VT 05403
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @UVMDental