Residency applications for the University of Vermont Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program at UVM Medical Center are submitted via Electronic Residency Application Service(ERAS).
The Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program at UVM Medical Center participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Applications can be submitted via ERAS starting July 7, 2023 and will be reviewed starting on July 19, 2023. All completed applications from qualified candidates will be reviewed by the fellowship selection committee. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
In accordance with recommendations from the Association of Program Directors in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, all interviews in the 2023-2024 interview cycle will be conducted virtually
Interviews will occur generally on Thursdays starting in late August through October 2023.
Materials required from all applicants
- Completed ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- Transcripts from medical school training
- A minimum of three (3) recent letters of reference including one letter from the residency training director
- Successful completion of both Steps 1, 2, and 3 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) or COMLEX
International applicants must:
- Have a J-1 Visa or have a U.S. citizen Permanent Resident status. No other Visas can be sponsored (including H1B)
- Have graduated from a medical school recognized by the medical board of California
- Have a current certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Have worked in clinical medicine in the United States within the last two years
NOTE: an observership does not fulfill this requirement
We think you will find our fellowship program to be a great blend of clinical excellence and academic achievement, all in a beautiful and collegial environment. Thank you for your interest!