United Way Leader John Bernardi Joins UVM Health Network Board
With more than 30 years experienc in human services.
John Bernardi of Saranac, New York has joined the University of Vermont Health Network Board of Trustees. He is currently CEO of United Way of the Adirondack Region and has more than 30 years of experience in human services and non-profit management. He is also chair of the Board of Directors at the University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital.
Mr. Bernardi serves on numerous other boards, committees, and coalitions across the Adirondack region of Clinton, Essex, and Franklin Counties. He is also involved in numerous statewide organizations and initiatives.
“I’m delighted John is joining the board. His insight into community needs, and relationships with social services organizations throughout the region will be very valuable as we pursue our mission of improving the health of the communities we serve,” said Board chair Scottie Emery-Ginn.
"I look forward to serving with the Board in the continued effort toward integration, cohesiveness and excellence in our region’s health care system. It is a great honor".
Mr. Bernardi and his wife Karen are the parents of three young men ages 24, 22, and 16.
About The University of Vermont Health NetworkhThe University of Vermont Health Network is an academic health system that is comprised of six affiliate hospitals, a multi-specialty medical group, and a home health agency. We serve the residents of Vermont and northern New York with a shared mission: working together, we improve people’s lives. Our partners include:
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network Medical Group
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Alice Hyde Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Central Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Elizabethtown Community Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Porter Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Home Health & Hospice
Our 4,000 health care professionals are driven to provide high-quality, cost-efficient care as close to home as possible. Strengthened by our academic connection to the University of Vermont, each of our hospitals remains committed to its local community by providing compassionate, personal care shaped by the latest medical advances and delivered by highly skilled experts.