What Is an E-Visit?
An E-Visit is a secure online questionnaire submitted in MyChart to your primary care provider, that allows your care team to assess and treat the following common health issues:
- Colds and sinus congestion
- Red eye
- Urinary symptoms
- Yeast Infection
- Tick Bite
How Can an E-Visit Help Me?
- CONVENIENCE: You can connect with your care team from the comfort of your home or while on the go.
- SAFETY: By staying home, you'll help slow the spread of illnesses, and protect yourself from others who may be sick.
- EFFICIENCY: Without the need to travel, you'll save time and money.
- SECURITY: The Epic MyChart patient portal is designed to protect your privacy and the security of your health information.
Here's How It Works
- Login to MyChart.UVMHealth.org or use the MyChart app to login.
Don't have MyChart? Register for your free account at UVMHealth.org/MyChartSignUp.
- Click on Visits in top navigation (or E-Visit icon if using the app) and choose E-Visit.
- Select the E-Visit symptom that best meets your needs and complete the questions.
Your answers, along with your medical record details, will be used by the provider to assess and treat you. If the provider determines that your condition requires an in-person visit, you will be asked to schedule an in-person or video appointment.
- You will get a secure MyChart message with your results and a treatment plan.
This information will also appear in your After Visit Summary.
For routine visits only. E-visits are not a substitute for in-person or video visits with your provider. In an E-visit, your provider knows only what you type in your questionnaire, so you should only use E-visits for common health issues you can fully and accurately describe in writing. Not for emergencies. E-visits may not be used for urgent or emergency issues.
At this time only primary care patients at the UVM Medical Center can use E-Visits. Primary Care patients at the following UVM Health Network locations will be adding E-Visits later in 2020: Central Vermont Medical Center, Porter Medical Center and Champlain Valley Phyicians Hospital.
Yes! The E-Visit information you share through MyChart is secure and confidential.visit is private and confidential.
For patients covered by Medicare, we will bill the Medicare program and there will be no charge to you. Other payers do not cover E-Visits at this time, so patients without Medicare coverage will be billed $15 after the E-Visit is completed by the provider, and it will not be billed through your insurance plan.
- If the provider determines that an in-person visit is required, or terminates the E-Visit, you will not be charged.
- Charges related to pharmacy, labs, x-rays or other tests will be billed separately and through your insurance plan, if applicable.
Your E-Visit will be reviewed by a provider from your primary care practice — a member of your medical home care team. Your E-Visit becomes a part of your permanent medical record and is available to you and your provider.
We strive to respond within 24 hours for E-visit requests submitted Monday - Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm, and Friday, 8 am - 12 pm. If your E-Visit request is submitted on Friday afternoon, weekends or holidays, we will strive to respond the next business day. Unforeseeable system failures or other service interruptions may slow or prevent E-Visit exchanges.
If deemed appropriate, a prescription will also be called into your preferred pharmacy.
You will receive a MyChart email alert when your results are ready. You can view your results and treatment plan in your secure MyChart messages, and it will also appear in your After Visit Summary.
Contact and Support
If you have additional questions about E-Visits, please contact your primary care provider.
If you have any technical questions about MyChart, contact the MyChart Support Center: