General Consumer Health Information
- Research Summaries for Consumers, Clinicians, and Policymakers, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality - The Effective Health Care Program creates free research summaries about the benefits and risks of different treatments for different health conditions.
- MedlinePlus - The Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center recommends that patients start their search using the National Library of Medicine's MedlinePlus. Use MedlinePlus to find information on Drugs and Supplements or search Health topics. View interactive tutorials or surgery videos to learn more about your health.
- National Institute of Health
Other Helpful Health Related Websites
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Office of Dietary Supplements
- National Cancer Institute
- Consumer Health Information in Many Languages Resources
- MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing
- Nursing Home Abuse Center: LGBT Nursing Home Abuse Resources
Vermont and Northern NY Health Resources
- Community Health Improvement at UVM Medical Center:
- Use Vermont 2-1-1 to find human services organizations in your community or dial 2-1-1.
- Verrmont Support Groups - Locate health-related support groups or call 802-847-8821 for assistance.
- Vermont Department of Health
- Vermont Agencies on Aging
- Vermont Palliative and End-of-Life Care Resource Connections
Multi-Lingual Health Information Resources
- Vermont Refugee Health Program Interpreted Fact Sheets - Over 20 fact sheets on healthy living and specific diseases available in English, French, Russian, Serbo-Croation/Bosnian, and Vietnamese.
- Healthy Roads Media - This site contains free audio, written and multimedia health education materials in a number of languages. Produced by a consortium of Midwestern organizations.
- Foundation for Healthy Communities - A New Hampshire based organization which has medical forms and health information available in several languages.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine: Consumer Health Information in Many Languages - Extensive listing of consumer health information available in languages other then English.