In response to the Coronavirus and COVID-19, the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center is closed. If you need help finding patient health resources such as information on hospital or local resources or information on diseases and conditions please contact us via e-mail at FrymoyerResourceCenterUVMHealth [dot] org or leave a message on our phone at 802-847-8821 and we will respond to your request.
Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center
The Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center is a community resource center providing answers to your health-related questions.
Through our extensive research library and community partnerships we are able to offer free, personalized assistance to help you find information about medical conditions, healthier lifestyle habits, and make informed healthcare decisions.
Located on Level 3 of the Main Pavilion at the University of Vermont Medical Center's Main Campus in Burlington, VT, the center is staffed with a full-time Medical Librarian and Health Educator for your convenience. You can read, browse, and search for health-related topics while you are here. Some of our services can even be accessed by phone and email.
Our services are free and open to the community and include the following:
- One-on-one instruction on how to use the internet to find health information.
- Consumer health lending library (View our catalog of materials).
- Access to UVM Dana Medical Library resources including electronic medical journals and reference books.
- The use of nine public computers.
- Copying and faxing of health-related materials.
- Information about local support groups and area health and human service agencies.
- Nutrition service debit cards are available for purchase in increments of $25, which can be used at any of The UVM Medical Center dining service locations.
- Vermont Advance Directives booklets are available.
- We have a video phone for deaf or hard-of-hearing visitors, patients, family members, and employees.
- Free Healthsource Classes and Workshops.
Recommended Websites & Resources
- Use MedlinePlus to
searchhealth topics to find information on drugs and supplements.
- View our list of recommended health information websites.
- View our Multi-Lingual Health Information resources.
- Visit Healthwise, our Health Library, for health-related topics.
- Find health support groups in your area - it's a great way to learn more about medical issues and connect with local community members.
- Find cancer support groups
About the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center
As a patient, Nan Frymoyer realized the power and value of education to healing and recovery. Her vision and mission
Please read our blog article, "Remembering Nan Frymoyer, A Tireless Advocate for Patient Education" for more information about her generous gift.
Kristine Buck, B.S. - Kristine majored in Community Health at the State University of New York at Potsdam. She is the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center's Program Coordinator.
Alan Lampson, M.L.S. - Alan has a Masters of Library Science degree from the State University of New York, University Center at Albany and he is the Lead of the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center.