Waldo Emerson Floyd, IV, MD
- Emergency Medicine
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, West Pavilion, Level 1
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Emerson Floyd, MD is an attending emergency physician at the UVM Medical Center and an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine.
Dr. Floyd has particular interests in resident education and electrocardiogram interpretation in acute coronary syndrome. He has published research on hand and upper extremity emergencies and has written about the COVID-19 pandemic in lay and academic publications.
Dr. Floyd planned to become an Emergency Physician prior to attending medical school. In residency, he counted among his top achievements being selected as Chief Resident by his peers and faculty and winning the Outstanding Resident Educator award.
Dr. Floyd would like to share the following message with his patients:
The parts of my work day I value most are those moments of honest, clear communication with my patients that result in shared understanding. I may not always be able to offer an immediate resolution to your problem, but I will offer my sincere compassion, my respectful attention and a plan to get you on your way to feeling better.
It is my honor and privilege to try to help you feel better on your worst days, no matter what your problem may be.
Learn more about emergency medicine at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.