Dr. Sheela Reddy is a gastroenterologist in the Gastroenterology and Hepatology department at the UVM Medical Center. In addition to her clinical interests which include alcoholic liver disease, hepatitis C, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, hepatitis B, and autoimmune liver disease, Dr. Reddy’s special procedures include upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. Her most frequently treated condition is liver disease.
Because of the severity of the chronic conditions her patients suffer from, Dr. Reddy feels strongly that the patient-doctor relationship directly impacts overall patient well-being. Being proactive in the care of patients with chronic liver disease in order to prevent progression of the disease and, ultimately, the need for transplant is paramount to her care philosophy.
While not caring for her patients, Dr. Sheela Reddy is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Larner College of Medicine.
Learn more about the Gastroenterology and Hepatology at The UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Transplant Hepatology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.