Robert M. Lobel, MD
- Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyCardiovascular Disease
Cardiology - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, McClure, Level 1
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
CVPH Electrophysiology and Cardiology
214 Cornelia Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-2332
Lake Champlain Physician Services
133 Park Street
Malone, NY 12953-1243
Dr. Robert Lobel is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, VT. He is also an assistant professor at the The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine.
Dr. Lobel specializes in the treatment of cardiac disease and clinical cardiac electrophysiology, usually seeing patients who have an electrical disorder of the heart. His expertise includes catheter ablation of complex arrhythmia, pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) implantation, and cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failure. He is actively involved with teaching at The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine and within the various residency programs at UVM Medical Center.
Dr. Lobel was born in Vermont and raised in New Hampshire. He came back to Vermont and UVM for his undergraduate education, medical residency and cardiology fellowship training. His roots help him make personal connections with his patients, which he believes is very important in determining their treatment. Dr. Lobel also appreciates being part of an academic medical center, which gives his patients access to the latest research and treatment options, not just in cardiology, but in all specialties.
Dr. Lobel resides in Charlotte, VT, with his wife, Chris, and their son, Jennings. He is active in coaching youth sports and enjoys ice hockey, biking, telemark skiing and stand-up paddle surfing.
Learn more about cardiology at UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular DiseaseAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.