Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Center
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 4
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Navid Esfandiari is director of Embryology and Andrology Laboratories at the University of Vermont Medical Center and Professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, Vermont.
His clinical interests include in vitro fertilization, embryo biopsy and Andrology. His research interests are mainly focused on improving safety and quality of care in the clinical IVF. He has published over 165 peer-reviewed papers, abstracts, and book chapters. He is a Section Editor and Editorial Board Member for five journals including Journal of Fertility Sterility.
Dr. Esfandiari is engaged in teaching activities at the regional, national and international levels and his teaching responsibilities span multiple levels of learners. He has served on various reproductive medicine committees and currently is a member of Patient Education Committee at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
Dr. Esfandiari finds treating infertility patients to be very fulfilling. He loves seeing the babies when their parents bring them to the clinic. The feeling of seeing a baby that was a few cells under the microscope and is now staring at you is beyond imagination.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.