Marek Polomsky, MD
- General SurgeryThoracic and Cardiac Surgery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, East Pavilion, Level 5
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Marek Polomsky, MD is a cardiothoracic surgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center and an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont. His clinical interests include mitral valve repair and replacement; aortic valve repair and replacement; thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery; coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG); off-pump (beating heart) coronary artery bypass surgery; minimally invasive cardiac surgery; transcatheter valve surgery; arrhythmia surgery; advanced heart failure surgery; and mechanical circulatory support.
Dr. Polomsky strives to provide compassionate, patient-focused care through the use of advanced and innovative cardiothoracic surgical techniques. He believes that every operation and patient experience is based on developing a surgeon-patient relationship built on open communication and trust.
Learn more about cardiothoracic surgery.
- Member Board
- American Board of Surgery - General SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic Surgery - Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.