Dr. Joseph Frasca, gastroenterologist and director of Inflammatory Bowel Disease for Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Vermont Medical Center, is passionate about providing outstanding multi-disciplinary care to patients with inflammatory bowel disease and other gastrointestinal conditions. His special procedures include colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, endoscopic mucosal resection, and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). Dr. Frasca frequently cares for those suffering from inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, indeterminate colitis, microscopic colitis, celiac disease, and eosinophilic esophagitis.
First and foremost, Dr. Frasca tries his best to treat every patient as he would want his own family treated. His patient-centered approach towards medical decision making allows the patient to have a strong voice in deciding their treatment.
Dr. Frasca chose medicine for the rewarding opportunity to become a life-long student and teacher and to develop long-term relationships with his patients and colleagues. He is proud to be able to provide compassionate care to patients dealing with complex conditions.
Beyond his work as a provider he is an assistant professor of medicine at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
Learn more about The University of Vermont Medical Center's Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - GastroenterologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.