Dr. Jaime Pineda is a transplant surgeon at the University of VermontMedical Center. He specializes in liver and pancreatic surgery, kidney transplant and pancreas transplant.
Dr. Pineda treats patients with conditions such as liver tumors, metastasiscolon cancer, Cholangiocarcinoma (a form of cancer that develops in thebile ducts), pancreas head tumors, and patients with End Stage RenalDisease (ESRD) as well as patients with Type I Diabetes. His research includes liver cancer and transplant immunosuppression.
The heart of Dr. Pineda’s patient care philosophy is personalizedpatient-centered care. His patients and their families are the mostimportant members of the care team. He believes that we are all in thistogether. His goal is to give patients the best care possible, and treatthem as he would his own family member.
Learn about the transplant surgery program at the University of VermontMedical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Surgery - General Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
If your insurance carrier is not listed below, please call Customer Service at (802) 847-8000.
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee product participation. Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)*
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.