Frank P. Ittleman, MD
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, East Pavilion, Level 5
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
CVPH Interventional Cardiology
214 Cornelia Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-2332
Dr. Ittleman has directed the division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the UVM Medical Center and has served in an academic capacity as professor of surgery in the department of Surgery at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT for more than two decades.
Associate VP for Operations, UVM Medical Group, Dr. Ittleman's practice interests are adult coronary and valvular surgery, limited pediatric cardiac surgery, thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery and surgery for adult congenital abnormalities.
With a care philosophy that patients and their safety are sacrosanct, Dr. Ittleman manages conditions such as valvular heart disease and coronary artery disease with treatments that include aortic valve replacement and coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
Read a success story from one of Dr. Ittleman's patients.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.