Donald Skor, MD is an endocrinologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. He treats a variety of conditions, including diabetes, thyroid disorders and osteoporosis. His published research can be found here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Skor+D.
Dr. Skor’s greatest satisfaction as a provider relates to the strong relationships and friendships that have developed over his years of clinical practice. He has always enjoyed providing guidance on navigating our difficult health care system.
He has been providing primary and endocrinology care for a large patient population at a major academic practice for the past 35 years. He chose to move to Vermont from a major Midwestern city to establish a healthier lifestyle and to enjoy all that this beautiful state has to offer.
Now, as an endocrinology specialist, he aims to focus on specific patient concerns and provide guidance and understanding of their conditions and treatment options.
Learn more about endocrinology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.