David Segel is a primary care family nurse practitioner at the UVM Medical Center with a passion for family medicine, pediatric and LGBTQ+ care. As a lifelong Vermonter, he chose to stay and work in his home state, where he loves the people and opportunities to hike and ski.
Segel embraces patients of all ages and is thankful to work for a healthcare system where he can support individuals of all backgrounds, specifically the LGBTQ + population. He considers it an honor to get to know and care for Vermonters over the course of many years.
Learn more about Family Medicine at UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners - Family Nurse Practitioner
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.