Radiology - Main Campus McClure
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, McClure, Level 1
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Radiology - Fanny Allen Campus
790 College Parkway
Fanny Allen Campus
Colchester, VT 05446-3013
Dr. Bruno Soares is division chief of neuroradiology and a neuroradiologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Dr. Soares is also an associate professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. He specializes in epilepsy, brain and spine malformations, neurometabolic disorders, neonatal and fetal brain imaging, and brain tumors.
His research interests include normal and abnormal brain development, neonatal brain imaging and pediatric epilepsy.
Born in Brazil, Dr. Bruno P. Soares obtained his medical degree from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the Federal University of Sao Paulo. After one year as a Research Fellow at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), Dr. Soares completed clinical fellowships in Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Pediatric Radiology, and Pediatric Neuroradiology at UCSF, in addition to a clinical fellowship in PET/CT at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute of Harvard Medical School in Boston.
From July 2013 to July 2016, Dr. Soares was an Assistant Professor in the Division of Neuroradiology at Emory University in Atlanta. From August 2016 to November 2018, he worked at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore as an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pediatric Radiology and Neuroradiology. In December 2018, Dr. Soares joined the University of Vermont Medical Center as Associate Professor of Radiology and Division Chief of Neuroradiology, and as the Co-Director of the MRI Center for Biomedical Imaging.
Dr. Soares has published more than 60 peer-reviewed articles and has been the recipient of the Research Fellow Grant from the Society for Pediatric Radiology and of the Rad_Britestar Award from the Johns Hopkins Department of Radiology. The recognition for his teaching includes the 2013 Outstanding Clinical Fellow / Instructor Teaching Award from the UCSF Department of Radiology, the 2017 Teacher of Year Award from the Johns Hopkins Division of Pediatric Radiology, and the 2017 ASNR International Outreach Professor Program in Ghana.
He serves as an Editorial Board Member for the American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR), the American Journal of Neuroradiology (AJNR), and for Neuroradiology. Dr. Soares holds a subspecialty certificate in Neuroradiology from the American Board of Radiology (ABR) and is a member of the ABR Neuroradiology Core Exam Committee.
The goal of Dr. Soares clinical work is to help referring physicians, patients, and patient families in the diagnosis and management of complex neurological disorders.
Learn more about neurology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic RadiologyAmerican Board of Radiology - Neuroradiology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.