A member of Colchester Family Practice since 2004, Dr. Koutras' clinical areas of expertise are maternal newborn health, lactation, pediatric and adolescent health, and women's health. She performs special procedures such as IUDs, endometrial biopsy, skin procedures, and frenotomies. Dr. Koutras manages conditions such as routine health maintenance, preventative health, chronic disease management, behavioral health, and acute illnesses.
Dr. Koutras is an I.B.C.L.C. - International Board Certified Lactation Consultant - since 2002 and provides lactation consults for many of the pediatricians, family doctors, midwives and lactation specialists in the community, leading ongoing initiatives to improve breastfeeding success in the community.
As an Associate Professor and Specialty Advisor, and Director of the 4th year electives in Family Medicine at the Larner College of Medicinet at UVM in Burlington, VT. Dr. Koutras has been named Residency Teacher of the Year. Her research focus is preventative health, and maternal child health.
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.