The University of Vermont Medical Center's participation in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram) is to provide information for educational purposes only.
Social media should not be used for confidential personal medical issues or advice. The information provided should in no way be taken to be the provision or practice of medical, nursing or health care diagnosis, advice or be considered a substitute for a call, visit, consultation or advice from your physician or other health care providers.
The fact that someone has posted information on our site does not mean that we have evaluated it or that we endorse or recommend it.
If you have specific health-related questions or a health problem, please call your physician or other health care provider. Find a doctor at The UVM Medical Center.
Except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by The UVM Medical Center, The UVM Medical Center does not operate, control or endorse in any way information, products, services or comments posted by third parties on this website.
Facebook and User-Generated Content
By viewing or posting comments, links or other information on any of The UVM Medical Center's social media channels, you agree to:
- Not post personal medical information.
- Be respectful of others.
- Not use language that discriminates based on race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc.
- Not post anything that is obscene, abusive, libelous, threatening or otherwise illegal.
- Not impersonate any other person or allow another person to use your identity to post or view comments.
- Not post advertisements, business solicitations or spam.
- Not post materials that are copyrighted or trademarked.
- Post comments that are appropriate and relevant.
All comments and other posts are subject to review by The UVM Medical Center. Those that do not abide by these policies will be removed.
As a not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization, The UVM Medical Center cannot participate in political campaigns. Under the law, our actions cannot be interpreted as intervening in political campaigns in any way and, therefore, must prohibit all postings related to campaign activities. The UVM Medical Center neither supports nor opposes any candidate for public office.
Share Your Opinion
The UVM Medical Center welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.