Epic Trainer for Inpatient Clinical Roles (Temporary)
|Location and Address||
Location Address: 3 Home Farm Way, Montpelier Vermont
|Building Name|| |
Building Name: CVMC - Home Farm Way
CVMC - Clinical & Technical EHR
|Schedule||Full Time / Temporary|
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
|Job Requisition ID||
Epic Credentialed Trainer Profile
The University of Vermont Health Network is in the process of appointing personnel to serve as full-time, temporary Credentialed Trainers who will provide training and end user support during the implementation of the Epic Electronic Medical Record system to the network.
SPECIFICS TO THE ROLE:
CREDENTIALED TRAINER – OVERVIEW OF DUTIES
Active participant on training team contributing based on particular area of clinical or business expertise. Consistently accomplishes assigned tasks according to project deadlines, schedules and quality standards.
- Attend and successfully complete the 6 week Credentialing Program (location to be determined). Requirements for successful completion include: a passing grade of 80% or higher on the competency exam and successfully presenting a training topic.
- Arrive prior to scheduled training class to prepare the classroom including setting up the training environment and other logistics.
- Deliver standardized, instructor led, scripted training curriculum to Providers, clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Conduct engaging and effective training sessions to diverse audiences
- Perform Attendance and Competency assessment tracking after each class.
- Complete required documentation related to class session.
- Incorporate the principles of Adult Learning in their training classes.
- Assess training needs before, during and after each class.
- Makes necessary adjustments to training delivery based on student and training team feedback.
Policy and Procedures:
- Adheres to the University of Vermont Health Network Core Values as demonstrated through positive patient/guest relations, positive and effective interactions with staff, and formulating and meeting developmental goals.
- Applies the knowledge of unit/department workflows & policy and procedures associated with the use of Epic software.
- Provide support to all staff and Providers according to assigned coverage schedule.
- Conduct rounding to University of Vermont Health Network sites during the initial weeks of go-live to support end users according to the assigned coverage schedule.
- Training and support issues are identified, communicated and escalated to ensure timely resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships with a variety of departments.
- Participates in regular day-to-day communication with University of Vermont Health Network project teams to ensure the training will fit the organization's needs.
Post Go-Live Support and Optimization
- Provide on-going unit/department rounding as assigned to provide training and support
- Identify issues and concerns and communicate those back to project team for discussion and resolution
- Identify trends that may require additional training focus, in-service needs, Policy and Procedure modifications, system modification, etc.
- Promote effective use of the Epic system, identify and prevent bad habits and workarounds.
- Serve as a change agent and super user to promote, effect and support change in workflow and behaviors related to the Epic system implementation (documentation at the point of care, on-line review of information, etc.)
- Conduct new hire computer system training during the transition period as needed.
Other duties as assigned