Epic Application Senior Analyst Hospital Billing
South Burlington, VT
|Location and Address||
Location Address: 40 IDX Drive, South Burlington Vermont
|Building Name|| |
Building Name: UVMMC - 40 IDX Drive
Epic Revenue Cycle Apps
|Schedule||Full Time / Regular|
Day (United States of America)
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Job Requisition ID||
- JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Network Epic Application Analyst provides support and maintenance of the software used in business and clinical processes. The individual is responsible for developing expertise in the use of the electronic health record. Responsibilities include working with end-users, vendors and internal Information Services technical staff supporting business/clinical processes, and facilitating cohesive integration of software applications from vendor with business and clinical operations.
- Specific to Hospital Billing, the ideal analyst will:
- Analyze new functionality and recommend usage to prioritize and implement requested changes to the system
- Build data fields, screens, templates, and user-defined functionality, as required
- Interact with key IT, clinical, business, and operations staff to optimize the design of the applications capabilities and workflows
- Perform thorough review of all Foundation Build Content and workflows for application
- Participate in unit, application, and integrated testing for system functionality
- Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
- Take part in testing system enhancements
- Provide support of daily and ad-hoc requests
- Follow build standards and maintaining synchronization between environments in collaboration with environment team
The IT Department and the Epic team must provide coverage 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Shift coverage and on-call coverage may be required for the Network Epic Application Analyst. The ability and means to regularly travel throughout the UVM Health Network is required. Candidates will be asked about their availability and willingness to travel to support Epic initiatives and receive training in Verona, WI.
Candidates who do not currently hold Epic certification and are applying to positions which require Epic certification will be asked to complete an Epic aptitude assessment as part of the application process.
Bachelor’s degree or formal technical training or equivalent experience.
Epic certification required or achieved within 120 days of hire with a maximum of three attempts.
3 or more years relevant (HB Billing) experience; current certification in Epic Hospital Billing Administration a plus.
- The role of Applications Analyst includes multiple levels. The hiring team reserves the right to determine appropriate level placement of our final candidate. Level and salary are commensurate with years of relevant experience previously obtained Epic Certification(s). Applicants who do not hold current Epic certification will be required to take the Epic Certification Readiness Assessment as a step in our application process.
Please Note: The position can be 100% remote, a mix of office time and remote work, or future full time on site work.