Director Communications & Engagement Shared Services -UVMHN CVMC
|Location and Address||
Location Address: 130 Fisher Road, Berlin Vermont
|Building Name|| |
Building Name: CVMC - Central Vermont Medical Center
CVMC - Comms & Engagement
|Schedule||Full Time / Regular|
Day (United States of America)
|Job Requisition ID||
The Director of Communications and Engagement, Shared Services – Central Vermont Medical Center, is a seasoned communications strategist, agile generalist and proven leader who brings deep experience and a broad range of skills to the role. This individual is a working leader responsible for leading the Shared Service at Central Vermont Medical Center in alignment with affiliate and Network strategic priorities and Shared Services goals.
This individual works to advance the Shared Service by effectively integrating day-to-day operations with strategic planning and nimble prioritization in the service of Central Vermont Medical Center, maximizing impact through strong collaboration across the Shared Service and with the Network Government and Community Relations team and works to build and maintain essential relationships internally within CVMC and externally with local business and community leaders.
The Director of Communications and Engagement, Shared Services, leverages talent, knowledge and strengths to benefit CVMC and the Network. This individual is responsible for local strategy executions, works in partnership with Shared Service leaders in their functional and/or centralized areas and leads locally to support a range of communication needs including executive and organizational communication for internal and external audiences, issues management, engagement, creative content generation and sharing, website and intranet updates, collateral development and local brand marketing and events. Throughout this work, this individual strives to constantly exceed expectations through innovation, high-quality service and a working environment that supports ongoing learning and professional growth. This individual is committed to advancing a culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive for our employees, our patients and their families, and the communities we serve.
BA in journalism, public relations, communications, integrated communications and marketing, public/government relations or a related field.
- Eight to 10 years of progressive experience and proven leadership of internal and external communication and engagement functions in a high-volume and fast-paced environment. Journalism, public relations, agency, or external relations experience a plus.
- Track record of collaborative leadership, consultative partnership and relationship-building.
- Strong understanding of channel strategy and communicating across communications, media relations, engagement and digital/social disciplines.
- Experienced in advising the leader of an organization, such as a President, and/or members of the senior leadership team.
- Direct supervision of teams of at least three people across creative professional disciplines.
- Expertise with omnichannel strategy and execution.
- Skilled in executive and employee communication, physician, patient and healthcare consumer communication, organizational voice and brand story.
- Adept in crafting and executing complex communication plans on emerging issues and topics, crisis communication and issues management.
- Creative thinker with storytelling expertise in words, visuals and multimedia.
- Expertise in audience identification and message development.
- Working knowledge of remote strategies such as Zoom meetings and webinars.
- Adept in the meaningful measurement of internal and external communication tactics with a discipline toward data-driven insights and ongoing improvement