Director of Communications & Engagement, Share Services
|Location and Address||
Location Address: 115 Porter Drive, Middlebury Vermont
|Building Name|| |
Building Name: Porter - Porter Medical Center
PMC - Comms & Engagement
|Schedule||Full Time / Regular|
Day (United States of America)
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Job Requisition ID||
The Director of Communications and Engagement, Shared Services – UVMHN Porter Medical Center, is a seasoned communications strategist, agile generalist and proven leader who brings deep experience and a broad range of skills to the role. This individual is a working leader responsible for leading the Shared Service at Porter Medical Center in alignment with affiliate and Network strategic priorities and Shared Services goals.
This individual works to advance the Shared Service by effectively integrating day-to-day operations with strategic planning and nimble prioritization in the service of Porter Medical Center, working to build and maintain essential relationships internally and externally with local business and community leaders. Further, the individual in this role works to maximize impact through collaboration with the Government and Community Relations and Development Shared Service teams supporting Porter.
The Director of Communications and Engagement, Shared Services - UVMHN Porter Medical Center, leverages talent, knowledge and strengths to benefit Porter Medical Center and the Network. This individual is responsible for local strategy executions and works in partnership with functional Shared Service teams to support a range of communication needs including executive and organizational communication for internal and external audiences, issues management, media relations, employee and patient experience, marketing and advertising, creative content generation and sharing, website and intranet collateral creation. This individual also works in partnership to build and develop meaningful connections in the Porter community to further Porter’s local engagement goals.
This individual is committed to ongoing improvement and to advancing a culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive for our employees, our patients and their families, and the communities we serve.
BA in journalism, public relations, communications, integrated communications and marketing, public/government relations or a complimentary or related field.
- Eight to 10 years of progressive experience and proven leadership of internal and external communication and engagement functions in a high volume and fast-paced environment. Journalism, public relations, agency, or external relations experience a plus.
- Track record of collaborative leadership, consultative partnership and relationship building.
- Strong understanding of channel strategy and communicating across communications, media relations, engagement and digital/social disciplines.
- Experienced in advising the leader of an organization, such as a President, and/or members of the senior leadership team.
- Direct supervision of teams of at least three people across creative professional disciplines.
- Expertise with omnichannel strategy and execution.
- Skilled in executive and employee communication, physician, patient and healthcare consumer communication, organizational voice and brand story.
- Skilled media relations specialist, with a strong track record of mining for stories, proactive story placement and issues management.
- Adept at crafting and executing complex communication plans on emerging issues and topics, crisis communication and issues management.
- Creative-thinker with storytelling expertise in words, visuals and multimedia.
- Expertise in audience identification and message development.
- Working knowledge of remote strategies such as Zoom meetings and webinars.
- Adept in the meaningful measurement of internal and external communication tactics with a discipline toward data-driven insights and ongoing improvement.