Communications Specialist, Shared Services (Remote Hybrid Opportunity)
UVMMC - 530 Community Drive
|Location and Address||
Location Address: 530 Community Drive, South Burlington Vermont
|Building Name|| |
Building Name: UVMMC - 530 Community Drive
Comm & Engagement Strategies
|Schedule||Full Time / Regular|
Day (United States of America)
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Min/Hour $30.21 Mid/Hour $37.76 Max/Hour $45.31
|Job Requisition ID||
The Communications Specialist, Shared Services, is a seasoned strategist, creative thinker and storyteller who understands the value of communications in driving engagement, awareness and change. This individual is a nimble and versatile communicator with a journalistic eye who is skilled in translating complex topics and engaging audiences in relatable ways. This individual is an expert content creator and brand storyteller and an expert social media practitioner with a proven track record of building connections and engagement with social audiences. The Communications Specialist, Shared Services, is skilled in assessing the optimum way to communicate with internal and external audiences, whether it be through words, video, audio, photographs or infographics. This person brings a creative approach to communication strategy executions and is able to craft concepts that meld audience needs and communication goals for impact.
Highly collaborative, service-oriented and proactive, this individual is a relationship builder who is willing to explore new creative approaches to create the desired end result. With a strong understanding of channel strategy, this individual is skilled in key messaging, brand voice and storytelling and is comfortable working across print, digital and social channels.
The Communications Specialist, Shared Services, contributes to day-to-day assignments and special projects or initiatives in service of the UVM Health Network and manages timelines, editorial calendars and cost grids as needed.
This individual understands how to advance a creative vision and is adept at working independently and as a member of a team to meet the need.
The Communications Specialist works in service of the UVM Health Network and constantly strives to exceed expectations through innovation, high-quality service and a working environment that supports collaboration, meaningful measurement, ongoing learning and professional growth. This individual is committed to advancing a culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive for our employees, our patients and their families, and the communities we serve.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or radio/television/multimedia preferred.
- At least six years of experience in a fast-paced communications, journalism or creative agency environment.
- A storyteller at heart who can mine for stories and create content of all types to support both internal and external engagement and awareness needs.
- Proven success as a writer, multimedia storyteller and social media practitioner who is accomplished in building brand and engagement across social channels..
- Entrepreneurial in nature, oriented to mining for good stories on a range of topics – people, patients, organizational accomplishments, health-related topics and contemporary issues – that are relatable for a variety of audiences.
- Experience executing across traditional print and digital channels with experience in video and photography executions to advance organizational communication internally and externally and for storytelling.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships to support nimble fact gathering and the sharing of ideas.
- Strategically oriented and able to align with and execute against a strategic plan.
- Experienced in executing across traditional print and digital channels and oriented toward multimedia storytelling – comfortable using a Smartphone to shoot photographs and video.
- Experience in a high-stakes environment with the ability to prioritize a demanding workload with multiple deadlines.