Education and Growth
At The University of Vermont Medical Center, we believe all employees deserve the opportunity to enhance their education and personal growth. We have partnerships, tuition offerings, and sponsors that are all available to aid in the education and growth of our employees. The possibilities for development are abundant. Below are a couple of the opportunities our employees have explored:
- Partnerships with educational institutions to be able to provide discounted tuition, waived application fees, and access to free coursework.
- Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for tuition assistance after six months of employment. Full-time employees receive up to $2600 each fiscal year toward college coursework, and part-time employees receive a pro-rated amount. After five years of employment, the total amount for full-time employees increases to $3900.
- UVM Medical Center sponsors a variety of scholarships to support undergraduate and graduate work.
- Free professional development courses are offered internally to all employees by the Learning & Leadership Development team; some courses carry CEs or CME credits.
The UVM Medical Center believes in the power of effective leadership. There are two Leadership Development Programs we offer to UVM Medical Center leaders or those interested in pursuing leadership.
- Center for Creative Leadership: Center for Creative Leadership (CCL): CCL is the Medical Center's longest running program of its kind in the world, built around what we believe are the 6 factor pivotal to manager success: Influence, communication, thinking and acting systematically, self-awareness, resiliency, and learning agility. Leadership Development Programs focus on a wide variety of guiding principles and development of skills, including taking risks, implementing change, building resiliency, negotiating adeptly, and systematic thinking.
- oCompass – Pathways to Leadership Development Program: Compass is the Medical Center's year-long award-winning program. The Medical Center focuses this program around an interactive, collaborative development model designed for leader's hospital and network wide. This unique program offers high impact, in-person experiences guided by the exploration of leadership concepts.
We encourage all interested in leadership opportunities to reach out to their immediate leader to learn more.