UVM Medical Center fosters a dynamic environment that assures excellence in professional nursing practice.
Nurses at UVM Medical Center deliver superior quality care which is comprehensive, individualized and evidence-based.
As professionals, we are guided by knowledge, enabled by skill and motivated by compassion.
We believe in:
- Patient and family participation and education as central components of optimal health and wellness.
- Continual pursuit of quality outcomes.
- Safety as a shared responsibility.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Continuity of care.
- Culturally sensitive and holistic care.
- Ethical principles that protect the rights of our patients.
- Every nursing professional having autonomy to shape and guide professional nursing practice.
- Professional growth and development for our nurses.
- Research and evidence to guide and support our practice.