Aesculapius Medical Center Laboratory
The Aesculapius Laboratory is a satellite laboratory of the UVM Medical Center, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. This laboratory provides on-site services including Point of Care Testing and phlebotomy, for providers at Aesculapius Medical Center.
We see about 70 patients a day and about half of those patients have in-house tests. In addition, these patients often have tests ordered which are sent to the main UVM Medical Center Laboratory. In-house tests include: Urinalysis/Microscopic, Pregnancy Test, Rapid Strep Test, Fingerstick Hemoglobin and Glucose, KOH and Wet Preps and Hemoccult Blood.
We are licensed as a moderate-level testing laboratory by CLIA #47D0091239 and our laboratory uses the same testing procedures as the UVM Medical Center Laboratory.
Medical Director: John Lunde, MD
Manager: Monica Sullivan, MT (ASCP)
Laboratory Contact Information
If you have any questions about Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, please contact Laboratory Customer Service, at 847-5121 or 1-800-991-2799 or Fax 802-847-5905. University of Vermont Medical Center, Pathology & Laboratory Medicine-MP-103, Burlington VT 05401.
To visit the Laboratory Test Catalog, Click Here.
Licensure and Accreditations
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American Society For Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- College of American Pathologists -Main Campus
- College of American Pathologists -Fanny Allen Laboratory
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments '88 Main campus
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments '88 Fanny Allen
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy
- New York State Department of Health, Clinical Laboratory Permit