Obstetrics and Midwifery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus- East Pavilion- Level 4
Obstetrics and Midwifery at the University of Vermont Medical Center
Here at Obstetrics and Midwifery, we understand you want the best medical care and that you want your birthing experience to be private and personal, with individual attention for you and your family. We offer you the excellent care, nurturing and support of our nurse-midwives, and the high-risk specialty expertise of our board-certified physicians.
To make an appointment at the UVM Medical Center location use the button to the right. To make an appointment with our midwives at the Champlain Obstetrics Essex Junction location, call 802-879-1802.
Obstetrics & Midwifery
From private, personal birthing rooms to advanced, state-of-the-art healthcare technology, we provide the expert care you and your baby deserve. Our experts offer a suite of services, including:
- Obstetric care
- Midwifery care with 24/7 support
- Has been in existence for over 50 years
- Oldest midwifery program in the country
- Performed over 13,000 births
- Infertility counseling and services
- High-risk pregnancy care from maternal-fetal medicine doctors
- Breastfeeding support from International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Emotional support and postpartum care
- First-trimester screening for chromosomal abnormalities
- Genetic counseling and specialty consultations
- Resources to educate and inform your journey into parenthood
- Whole-patient care, including management of pre-existing conditions
Your Birthing Experience at UVM Medical Center
The Birthing Center
The Birthing Center provides a comfortable, soothing environment for labor and delivery. As you await baby's arrival, relax in our labor lounge with views of Lake Champlain. When it's time to deliver, you'll have a private room with plenty of natural light, a soaking tub, and a home-like setting. We also offer a dedicated water birth room. Take the virtual tour.
The Mother-Baby Unit
After delivery, you and your newborn will recover in the Mother-Baby unit. Conveniently located on the same floor as the birthing center and Level-III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Each room features a private bathroom and a comfortable sleeping space for a partner or family member.
Contact Obstetrics and Midwifery at The UVM Medical Center
Call obstetrics and midwifery today to learn more, or to arrange an appointment with one of our obstetricians or certified nurse midwives: 802-847-2229.
As Heard On Facebook
"Just came home with our daughter after having a long labor. Words cannot express the amount of gratitude for the team at Fletcher Allen (now UVM Medical Center). Painted on the walls, I read "One Team, One Purpose, One Patient." Well, we can tell you from experience, they get it done at this hospital. There were so many incredible people involved, and I wish I could name some of them here, but I eventually came to the realization that these people don't do it for the recognition. Even getting off the elevators, employees with no connection to us whatsoever were there with a smile and an open heart to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Vermont is really a special place, and Fletcher Allen is a really special hospital. Thank you."
- Jason Remington
- Call (toll free): 888-362-3242
- Fax Referral Line: 802-847-2001
- Email: ReferralCenteruvmhealth [dot] org Note: please send encrypted files.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency
- Maternal/Fetal Medicine Fellowship
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Fellowship
Continuing Medical Education (CME) – Our CME program offers a series of medical courses for health care professionals to learn about new and developing areas of their fields. Visit CME.