Healthcare Innovation Collaboratory
The University of Vermont Health Network Medical Group Innovation Center's hiCOlab (Healthcare Innovation Collaboratory) is a team who collaborates with patients, providers, staff and community members to focus on improving the emotional, spiritual and physical experience for patients and employees throughout the UVM Medical Center and the UVM Health Network.
Our highly collaborative team works directly with patients and caregivers to learn more about their unique experiences in healthcare, define opportunities to improve on those experiences, and identify and quickly prototype solutions to implement throughout the hospital.
What we believe
- Patients need stress-free health care that reduces fear and anxiety.
- Patients need to feel in control of their life and the important decisions that affect them.
- Patients need to feel connected with themselves and others, including their care providers.
- Patients need a calming and peaceful environment.
- Patients' time is sacred.
Defining human-centered design
Human-centered design is a creative approach to problem solving that starts with the people you're designing for (our patients) and ends with new solutions that are tailored to their needs. Learn more about human-centered design.
Our rules of engagement
- Move quickly in addressing opportunities.
- Listen and learn from our patients, their caregivers, providers, and our employees.
- Be curious.
- Be positive.
For more information email us at Abigail [dot] Trutor-Meaduvmhealth [dot] org ( ).