Share a Concern

It is important for you to know that if you present a complaint, your care will not be adversely affected in any way. If you have a problem that you cannot solve with your doctor, nurse or other caregiver, please contact the Office of Patient and Family Advocacy at The University of Vermont Medical Center.

You can share your concern in person, by phone, through a staff member, by fax, e-mail or letter, or by using our online form below.

Office of Patient and Family Advocacy
The University of Vermont Medical Center
Level 3, Main Pavilion
Medical Center Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT 05401

Phone: 802-847-3500
Fax: 802-847-3013

What Happens Next

One of our advocates will contact you to learn the details of your concern. We will collaborate with you on a plan to address the problem If further investigation or follow up is necessary, we will let you know and will send you a letter within 7 days describing the steps taken to address your complaint and the outcome or determination of our review. There are always outside agencies you may contact with your concerns and a list of those can be found on the Patient's Bill of Rights.

Share a Concern Form