Social Media Disclaimer at The University of Vermont Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network and its health care partners’ participation in social media (Facebook, Twitter/X, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram) is to provide information for educational purposes only.
Social media should not be used for confidential personal medical issues or advice. The information provided should in no way be taken to be the provision or practice of medical, nursing or health care diagnosis, advice or be considered a substitute for a call, visit, consultation or advice from your physician or other health care providers.
If someone has tagged one of your social media handles it does not mean that representatives from the UVM Health Network have evaluated it, that we endorse or recommend it or will even see it.
If you have specific health-related questions or a health problem, please call your physician or other health care provider.
The UVM Health Network, does not operate, control or endorse in any way information, products, services or comments posted by third parties on this website, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by The UVM Health Network.
Facebook and User-Generated Content
- Not post personal medical information.
- Post comments that are appropriate and relevant.
- Be respectful of others.
- Not use language that discriminates based on race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc.
- Not post anything that is obscene, abusive, libelous, threatening or otherwise illegal.
- Not impersonate any other person or allow another person to use your identity to post or view comments.
- Not to engage in doxxing or revealing someone’s personal information online.
- Not post advertisements, business solicitations or spam.
- Not post materials that are copyrighted or trademarked.
All comments and other posts are subject to review by UVM Health Network. Those that do not abide by these policies will be removed and users with repeat offenses will be banned.
As a not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization, UVM Health Network cannot participate in political campaigns. Under the law, our actions cannot be interpreted as intervening in political campaigns in any way and, therefore, must prohibit all postings related to campaign activities. UVM Health Network neither supports nor opposes any candidate for public office.
Share Your Opinion
We welcome your questions and comments about social media privacy. Please feel free to send us an email at socialmediauvmhealth [dot] org (socialmedia[at]uvmhealth[dot]org).